News and Events
Awards and Recognitions for KIND
- JC Hayward Feature – WUSA Channel 9, 2013
- Children’s Charity Foundation Star for Children Award, 2013
- GCAAR Adam D Cockey Award finalist, 2013
- Rotary International Certificate of Appreciation, 2013
- Harris’ Heroes Award – WJLA Channel 7, 2014
- Montgomery County Executive Isaiah Leggett Certificate of Appreciation for contributions to the Montgomery County Linkages to Learning program, 2016
- Bethesda Big Train Baseball – Certificate of Recognition for service to Montgomery County, 2016
- Baltimore Ravens Community Quarterback Award, 2016
- Montgomery Serves 2016 Individual Award, Maryland Congressional Certificate of Recognition, U.S. House of Representatives Certificate of Recognition 2017
- Montgomery County Board of Education Distinguished Service to Public Education Award, 2017
KIND & Truman Charities in the News
Check out this WHAG report on Truman Charities and their consistent efforts in supporting KIND:
Baltimore Ravens Honor Jeremy and KIND
The Baltimore Ravens have honored KIND as one of the team’s Community Quarterback Award recipients. Funded by the NFL Foundation and the Ravens Foundation, Inc., the award “honors individuals who exhibit leadership, dedication and commitment to bettering their local communities.” Jeremy and co-winner Gina Truesdale of Casey Cares – Hammy’s Heart took the field during a Raven game at M&T Bank Stadium Nov. 27. The honor came with a grant of $3,500 for each organization.
A Special Guest on Delivery Day
Montgomery County Councilmember George Leventhal joined KIND’s volunteers to provide a few words of encouragement and then help out with the loading of all the food into our vehicles for the final food delivery of the 2015-2016 school year.
KIND in the News
Jeremy and KIND were featured in the December/January issue of Montgomery Magazine, in a cover story, Giving Back (read it here); and in the September/October issue of Bethesda Magazine, in a story called The Hunger Fighters. Read it here.
KIND Featured on WJLA-TV News Segment
Anchor Leon Harris featured Jeremy and KIND on a Harris’ Heroes segment. That kind of recognition of our mission and work is certainly both welcome and gratifying. Even more special was this email Jeremy received shortly after the segment aired, from a parent named Jackie: “I wanted to take the time to say thank you for what you are doing! My son receives the food every Friday and it is such a big help for us. He comes home excited to pull out his bag. Being a single mother of three with a part time job living pay check to check puts me in a very stressful situation. It’s people like you like that touch my heart and really put tears in my eyes for helping children. So thank you and God bless!”
Watch the story here.