Donate to KIND
A Washington Post article from Aug. 22, 2012 couldn’t have put the problem more starkly: “Three out of five public school teachers in Maryland say they have students who regularly come to school hungry because they are not getting enough to eat at home, according to a new survey.”
“To set kids up for academic success,” U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan said in that story, “we must make sure they’re getting the healthy food they need at breakfast and lunch so they can concentrate in the classroom throughout the day.”
But what about weekends? What about the days when kids in need aren’t being fed at school. That’s where KIND comes in. And that’s where you can help.
With KIND, good things come in twelves:
- Your recurring monthly donation of $12 will enable KIND to provide food for one student every weekend for that month.
- Your recurring monthly donation of $36 will provide food for three students every weekend for that month.
- Your recurring monthly donation of $120 will provide food for 10 students every month for one student every weekend for an entire school year (including Summer School).
- Your one-time donation of $1,200 will provide food every weekend during the school year for 10 students.
- Your one-time donation of $12,000 will provide for 100 students for an entire school year.
Whatever your magic number may be, KIND welcomes donations of any dollar amount. And please remember, 100 percent of every dollar you give to KIND goes to help kids.
CLICK HERE to donate by credit card.
If you would prefer to donate by check, please make it payable to Kids In Need Distributors and mail to Kids In Need Distributors, 6917 Arlington Road, Suite 302, Bethesda, MD 20814.